While Apple continues to make sustained efforts to get users to move to iOS from Android, iPhone increased its market share in the first quarter (Q1) of 2023, vs. Android. Even as the US smartphone market declined 17 per cent YoY in Q1, in the wake of the inventory correction and falling consumer demand Apple iPhone increased its market share to 53 per cent in the March quarter from 49 per cent in the same quarter last year, showing that more Android users are switching to Apple, says a report by market intelligence firm Counterpoint Research.
In a bid to make it easier to switch to iOS from Android, Apple has a detailed resource guide that is intended to help users coming to iOS from Android. “How easy? Hear it from the people who switched to iPhone, and explore everything from amazing camera features and long-lasting battery life, to durability and privacy. And it’s easy to get all your contacts, photos, videos and even WhatsApp content transferred with Move to iOS app,” read the tech giant’s resource page.
Here’s A Step-By-Step Guide On How To Switch To iPhone From Android
- Switch on the iPhone and follow on-screen instructions and place it near the Android device. Tap ‘set up manually’ on the ‘quick start’ screen. Look for data and apps screen and then tap on ‘move data from Android’.
- If You haven’t downloaded the Move to iOS app, you can download it from the official Google Play Store by tapping the QR code button on the iPhone and scanning the code using the Android phone’s camera.
- Click on continue, read the terms and conditions and tap on ‘agree’.
- Move back to the iPhone and then click on continue once ‘move on Android’ appears.
- Wait for a six-digit or a ten-digit code.
- Enter the code on your Android phone.
- A temporary WiFi network would be created by the iPhone.
- Tap on connect to join the network via the Android handset.
- Data transfer should appear soon on the screen.
- Select the content you want to transfer to iPhone, by tapping on continue on the Android device.
- Once the loading bar finished on iOS device, click on done on the Android phone.
- Click on continue on iOS handset and follow the instructions.
Meanwhile, Apple started rolling out its latest software update, the iOS 16.5.1 for iPhone users late last month. The iOS 16.51 brings in a number of features and also fixes two critical security flaws which may have been actively exploited. The security bugs that have been fixed in the latest update had been used to hack iPhones in Russia. Cybersecurity firm Kaspersky had flagged off the security vulnerabilities and Apple thanked them for that.